It may happen that after a couple of minutes or hours, your USB hardware doesn’t work anymore with ELITE. The most common reason for this is that Windows turns the USB ports on the computer to “sleep mode”.
You can resolve this issue with two separate steps:
- Change the power settings of your PC to max performance and disable “USB selective suspend setting”
- Prevent Windows from turning off USB devices
By clicking on the blue button above you can download a detailed manual on how to do this (incl. screenshots). Also, a general overview of these steps is given below:
- In the Control Panel, go to power options and select High Performance
- Go to Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > USB Settings (selective) and disable this option
- Open the Device Manager and expand the section Universal Serial Bus controllers
- Double-Click on each “USB Root Hub”, go to the Tab Power Management and uncheck the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
- Repeat step 4 for each item called “USB Root Hub”
After rebooting your computer, this issue should not be happening again.