The Augusta Westland 139 is fast becoming the rising star of the helicopter world due to its sheer versatility – yet as we looked around there was a clear absence of high quality trainers at an affordable price. So we introduced the AW139 Trainer, a high-fidelity trainer with accurate reproductions of the EPIC PRIMUS PFD and MFD featuring many important functions that you would find on the real units.
We believe quality training is key so we have also accurately recreated many of the instruments you’d expect to find such as the RIC, Flight Director, NavCom and Fuel, Misc, Audio, PMS panels.
Our unit also features immersive controls modeled off the real aircraft complete with pedals, collectives with AW139 collective heads and our NEW force trim system perfect to grab the attention of the pilot and keep them immersed. For unparalleled immersion we offer a range of DOME Scenery Systems up to 240° wrap-around screen with vertical curvature to maximize peripheral view – an essential for helicopter simulation.
Features of the MH-139 Helicopter simulator:
- Attractive Pricepoint
- Effective cost saving oppurtunities
- Accurate EPIC PRIMUS MFD and PFD
- Force Trim System
- Key Centre-Console Instruments
- Type-specific controls
- CASA Category B Accreditation
- 20 of 40 hours for instrument rating
- 2 of the 3 hours every 90 days for recency and concurrent training
- DOME scenery compatibility for increased immersion
- Optional NVG compatibility for advanced training
- Small footprint – single user platform to full cockpit
Optional enhancements available:
- Additional Visual Channels
- Bespoke custom built 3D visual scenarios
- Enhanced 3D visual software package
Maximum credits available:
FAA APPROVED ADVANCED ATD (pending)
- Log 2.5 Hrs towards the PRIVATE
- Log 20 Hrs towards the INSTRUMENT
- Log 25 Hrs towards the ATPL
- Log 50 Hrs towards the COMMERCIAL
- Recent Flight Experience (maintain currency)
- Instrument Proficiency Check (partial)
- Instrument Practical Test (partial)
CASA CAT B FSD2 & NZ CAA APPROVED
- 20 out of the 40 hours required for Instrument Rating
- Cross-country instrument flight
- All approaches including GPS non-precision approaches
- Recency (includes two out of the three hours per 90 days and all approaches
We have developed a break through NVG system allowing the user to utilize their real night vision goggles with the simulator. We have designed and implemented a range of technologies to achieve this, allowing for a new level of training.
Wrap-around Displays for Unparallelled Immersion
One of the major factors for effective simulator training is pilot immersion and our DOME scenery system is key to achieving this. Developed in-house, our curved displays offer up to 270 degrees wrap-around, panoramic scenery allowing the pilot a view that maximizes their peripheral vision and visual reference.
What makes the DOME system unlike anything else on the market is that it achieves a much larger, curved high-fidelity display in a footprint of a conventional rear-projection setup.